April 20, 2024, 01:38:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Still working on things, but we're open.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Activision's Main NC Page

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Activision's Main NC Page  (Read 413 times)
CrowleyIsm
Crowley Himself
Leader of the Brotherhood
Master of Sacrifices

True beauty never fades....

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:19:43 am »

One of my favourite NC Pages out there....I'll post the link here, but I'll also just copy/paste text just in case the page gets taken down. I'm also saving all of the image files on the page, which you can find in the Gallery later on. For now you can:

VISIT THE LINK HERE

or read through the different articles below:

Front page:
London -- Our Social Scene columnist Jeeves Stafford has been following Ignatius and Nadia, our city's protectors and inveterate club-masters on their late-evening activities and has filed the following report (Links to the Recreation page, which reads as follows:

"OUR BRAVE Social Scene correspondent Jeeves Stafford has been following Ignatius and Nadia, our city's protectors and inveterate club-masters on their late-evening activities. One of the only folks brave enough to venture out at nig ht lately, he has filed the following report:

One cannot but enjoy monster-bashing excitement alongside the burly, powerful priest Ignatius or the agile, seductive Nadia, an American woman. Both are viewed in cinematic, roving-camera third-person perspective that enhances the drama, danger and narra tive drive.

This is 1830s London in stunning detail, complete with dynamic lighting and transparent fog, rain, snow and explosion effects. You'll explore 16 huge levels of true, go-anywhere 3-D environments filled with danger, intrigue and hair-curling terror -- if you make it.

With gouraud-shaded, fully texture-mapped graphics, running at around 30 fps and as many as four characters on screen at the same time, you'll have plenty to keep your reflexes jumping.

Per-polygon collision detection enables our heroes to chop enemies piece by piece, making them suffer a slow, painful death. Those foes are persistent, though, so don't walk away from a leg that's still twitching.

Ignatius and Nadia are masters of the staff and sword, but spiked clubs, double axes, saw-toothed blades and power ups such as freeze and fire bombs enable them to defeat their many foes in other, more aggressive and devious ways. With nearly 30 motion-c aptured strike and combo moves, they can do serious damage in up-close fighting conditions.

The city protectors encounter 21 unique monster types, each with its own attack techniques and sophisticated, unpredictable artificial intelligence. Just when they think it's all over, one of four powerful, hulking bosses await them at the end of certai n levels, testing absolute weapons and move-mastery.

Superb audio effects such as rain, wind, lightning, heavy footsteps and agonized groans heighten the creepy, dark game experience. A haunting score spiked with action-oriented climaxes and stunning cut scenes accentuate and explain the unfolding tale of mystery as players battle to the end with their formidable foes. "

Ignatius Blackward, caught in the middle of a duel with a Hellhound, only had time to tell the Crier about a few of his key techniques but has promised to reveal more in time.

As we learned, Nadia talks as fast as she moves and our Crier correspondent could record but a few of her devastating strikes. More to come in later editions.
 (followed by a list of attacks. You may view the buttons in the gallery section later on)
---------------------------------
Front Page:

London -- Continuing its pursuit of the full story behind the recent London terror, the Crier has assembled this guide to the creatures that have taken ownership of the streets over the past weeks. Master sketch artist Clive Dorchester has risked life and limb in order to canvass the city and has drawn up pictures of some of the twenty different monsters that have been reported about town. (links to the Rogue's Gallery Page which reads as follows:

Crier artist Clive Dorchester brings you London's first glimpse of the so-called "Nightmare Creatures."

CONTINUING ITS PURSUIT of the full story behind the recent London terror, the Crier has assembled this guide to the creatures that have taken ownership of the streets over the past weeks. Master sketch artist Clive Dorchester has risked life and limb in order to canvass the city and has drawn up pictures of some of the twenty different monsters that have been reported about town:

Adam Crowley: A mad scientist and decidedly shady character. Rumoured to have kept the flame of the Brotherhood of Hecate alive, but now enlisting the Brothers to achieve his own twisted goals.

Werewolf: Half-man, half-wolf, all death-dealing terror. Skims the cobblestones as it traverses the city at high speed, then stands at full height to devour a tasty human appetizer on its way.

Hellhound: Definitely not man's best friend. Brawny, muscular and has a set of teeth and jaws that can chew right through a cast-iron fence, not to mention a human ribcage or femur. Rumoured to breathe flames as well.

Gargoyle: Much more than just a frightful little building accessory. Has long reach and knife-like claws to make even a godless heathen pray for mercy, while wings make for a speedy getaway.

Docker: Pure, raw animalistic energy in a hulking -- and ugly -- package. Massive arms, huge wingspan and small braincase seriously stack the odds in the pummel-or-be-pummeled festivities sure to ensue. (pics can be viewed in gallery later)
---------------------------------------------
Front Page:

London -- Dozens of local citizens have been maimed, brutally slain or have disappeared altogether amid fantastical reports that monsters have taken over the city. Hysterical reports of zombies, harpies, werewolves and giant insects effortlessly ripping humans to shreds offer the only explanation for the pools of blood and pulpy stumps that have littered the streets in recent days.
As fantastic as the accounts of frightful monsters might seem, they are not entirely beyond the realm of possibility, according to Nigel Billings, Professor Emeritus of History at Cambridge University. "My research has revealed that beginning in 1660, a secret society calling itself the Brotherhood of Hecate was believed to have conducted experiments in live tissue creation," said Prof. Billings. "Contemporary reports have it that gruesome creatures -- the demon spawn of these experiments gone awry -- killed scores of Englishmen. All traces of these early experiments and monsters, however, were wiped out in the Great Fire of London in 1666." (links to City News which reads as follows:

"A search for information on the Brotherhood of Hecate yielded only mystery. According to sources, when the first killings occurred three weeks ago, a former holy man named Ignatius Blackward (see Profile) discovered an unusual black tome on his doorstep, without explanation. According to Mr. Blackward, the document was the journal of Samuel Pepys and contains records of the Brotherhood of Hecate and its experiments. Today, the leader of the Brother hood is rumoured to be a certain Adam Crowley, whereabouts uncertain.
 Mr. Blackward says that he mailed the mysterious book to Dr. Jean F., a renowned American immunology expert who immediately came to London with his daughter, Nadia (see Profile). Once in the city, Dr. F. began to investigate the Brotherhood of Hecate, but was killed shortly after his arrival. The black tome has been missing ever since. "
-------------------------

Front Page:

London -- Amid reports of monster sightings and mutated creatures roaming the city, two viligantes have taken to defending the citizenry from harm. The recent killings have claimed the lives of dozens of locals and have left the police authorities at a loss as to how to combat the problem. Skeptics of the popular "magic-spawned monster" theory are hard pressed to provide an alternative explanation for the pandemic. (links to Profile, which reads as follows:

"AMID REPORTS OF MONSTER SIGHTINGS and mutated creatures roaming the city, two viligantes have taken to defending the people from the alleged threat. The recent killings have claimed the lives of dozens of locals and have left the police authorities at a loss as to how to combat the problem. Skeptics of the popular "magic-mutated monster" theory are hard pressed to provide an alternative explanation for the pandemic.

Blackward and fellow demon-hunter Nadia F. 
Former priest Ignatius Blackward, summoned by a local parish to investigate the strange and mysterious disappearance, mutilation and killing of townspeople, has put away his collar and picked up an iron-clad club to smash the monsters roaming the city, he says. The worldly, well-traveled Mr. Blackward is a cunning linguist who speaks many Indo-European languages and is also an expert on cabalistic rituals, the occult, shamanism and magic.

According to Mr. Blackward, "the rumours of creatures tearing flesh like paper are indeed true. I have seen these creatures, I have been wounded by these creatures, I have lost friends to these creatures," he said.

"And now, I will kill these creatures," the man of God claims.

Mr. Blackward is joined on his mission by Nadia F., the daughter of the famous Dr. Jean F. of New Orleans, who was mysteriously killed here one week ago. Dr. F. was an expert in viruses and immunology and had begun a study of the Brotherhood of Hecate, which is the focus of the current monster hysteria.

"I have finished grieving over my father's death - now I'm ready for revenge. The monsters and the secret society behind them have caused enough pain and I will not rest they are wiped out," the lithe, athletic American said. "I fear the creatures are getting larger and more difficult to defeat with time. But I trust my skills, training and equipment."  "
-------------------------------

You can view all of the screencaps and other artwork found on these pages in the gallery here on the site later on.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: